Knights of the Pixel Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwarf Fortress

2 posters

Go down

Dwarf Fortress Empty Dwarf Fortress

Post by Zitzabis Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 pm

So, recently I've been sucked into a new game called dwarf fortress. It's one of the coolest games I have ever seen and it's also a game that heavily inspired Notch to make Minecraft.
The only problem is...it's dead difficult... But so much fun once you've learnt. Even the creator of the game is still discovering stuff.

Anyway, I thought I should share a screenshot and a story of what I've done so far in it.
https://imgur.com/iLLJyku

Odd thing is, I keep finding goose blood smeared on the grass outside... I think one of my dwarfs is a satanist, I just need to work out who. New goal for today!
Zitzabis
Zitzabis

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Fortress Empty Re: Dwarf Fortress

Post by _Dr.A Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Oh nice, couldn't tell it was an ASCII game from the picture at first. Well, technically a game that utilizes ASCII art. I myself have attempted such an art style, but... kinda failed. lol
_Dr.A
_Dr.A

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dr.A Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Goody, I can use the windows version on linux via Wine Smile. That makes me happy
_Dr.A
_Dr.A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitzabis Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 am

Indeed! That is good news! It's such a complex game that I feel like it sort of has a mind of it's own. Very much like Terraria where you can discover stuff.
Zitzabis
Zitzabis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum